The perfect fiberglass blanket for molding applications.
The Quietflex Semi-Cured fiberglass blanket is produced to a semi-cured state, ideal for molding applications. Textile-type glass fibers have been chopped to a maximum length of six inches and bonded with a thermal setting phenolic resin. The glass fibers and the resin are combined in an air lay system that produces a random fiber orientation ideally suited for hot face press molding operations.
Semi-Cured Fiberglass info and advantages
- Excellent acoustical containment reduces unwanted noise
- 6-month shelf life eliminates waste of unused product
- High thermal efficiency reduces heat transfer
- Increased structural strength and rigidity
- Easy to handle and mold: high tensile strength allows blanket to be pulled off roll easily
- Heat resistant and low flammability
- Very low moisture absorption
- Compression packed: saves freight costs, storage space and protects against damage
- Hood liners
- Dash insulators
- Engine covers
- Transmission cowling
- Other automotive molded components
Recommended storage conditions
- This product is affected by ambient conditions of heat, light and humidity.
- Storage conditions: It is recommended that this product be kept in a dry storage area kept at 40ºF–80ºF with a relative humidity of 25%–90% and out of direct sunlight.