All aboard for the best rail car fiberglass on the market.
Our Rail Car fiberglass blanket is produced using textile-type glass fibers that have been chopped to a length of two to six inches and bonded with a thermal setting phenolic resin. The glass fibers and resin are combined in a unique air lay system that produces a random fiber orientation for exceptional strength, resiliency, and both thermal and acoustic performance.
Rail car fiberglass blanket info and advantages
- Increased tensile strength for high tensile applications. Stands up to lamination and other fabrication processes.
- Resistant to vibration
- High thermal efficiency reduces heat transfer, lowering energy consumption
- Resilient: recovers to full thickness
- Excellent bond strength: blanket resists separation
- Ease of handling and fabrication
- Resistant to bacterial and fungal growth
- Compression-packed: saves freight costs, storage space and protects against damage
- Rapid transit
- Tanker cars
- Light rail cars
- Insulated tanks
- ASTM E 162
- ASTM E 662
- NFPA 259
- BSS 7239